Wednesday, April 27, 2011

In the mood for Love

I have written about films of many genre, like Drama, war, Old Classics etc. But I always wanted to write about pure romantic movie. Though I wrote about 'Casablanca', but still a pure romantic movie was missing in this blog. Today, I am going add one more gene to the list, Romance. I am really excited to tell you about this beautiful romantic movie, "In the Mood for Love".
When you read the title and kind of introduction I just gave might increase expectations. You might compare this movie to P.S. I Love You, Sweet November, Kate & Leopold etc. Let me tell you this, you are going to have a different kind of experience all together. So, keep your expectation zero and watch it. I am sure I am confusing you a lot. But after watching this movie, you will understand everything.
In the Mood for Love is a Chinese movie, directed by Kar Wai Wong starring Tony Leunsoand Maggie Cheung. The story is set at 1962 Hong Kong where a man and a woman move in to a neighbouring apartment and forms a very special bond when they suspect an extra marital affair between their spouses. What happens next is a masterpiece.
Cinematographer Christopher Doyle's brilliant images are one of the major reason for the film's success. The background score of the movie is one thing that will definitely win your heart. It adds up perfectly with the visuals. And not to forget the song "Quizas", sung by Nato King Cole. Beautiful composition I must say. I didn't understand the lyrics, but I did learnt that one doesn't have to know the lyrics to enjoy a song. That I guess is the power of music.
Well, lot of thing I have said about this movie. Do watch it, it will show you a new kind of love which is as pure and divine as any other form of love.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome. . will try catchin this one. . :")

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank u so much for ur comment miss Wang :) After watching this movie, pls let us know ur views on this film. Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete