Thursday, May 26, 2011

The Way Back



I remember reading somewhere that every movie is an experience. I believe it is true. The movies that I have mentioned here, will definitely give you a brand new experience in terms of life and people. In this context, I would like to talk about this amazing film called, The Way Back.

Set during World War II, the movie is about few prisoners who escape from Siberia in the quest for freedom. In order to survive, they walk through the woods, through the hot desert, cross himalayan mountain range and reach India marking nearly 4000 miles.

The movie is based on a book, "The Long Walk: The true story of a trek to freedom" . Book lovers can get hold of this book, to know the details of their journey. After watching this movie, One thought passed my mind. I thought that, You and me are lucky to live a life where the word 'survival' is just another word in the dictionary. After watching this movie I felt, after having all the comforts in my life, I still have complaints. People like them knows the value of life.

Guess I have spoken a lot about this film. Do watch this amazing film friends. Everything in the movie is worth appreciating. heartbreaking performance by actors, amazing visuals, slow but truely a good adaptaion. Watch this film and feel free to post your comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment